Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Yay!  My first blog of the new year!  Happy 2011!  I hope everyone was safe while drinking last night/this morning.  There is a reason why I crochet instead of sewing.  I was reminded this morning/last night.
[Silly story posted after the jump.]



Well, my first mistake was having a drink before hand.  My second mistake was leaving the cell phone on and next to the sewing machine.  It was New Year's Eve--I should have known better.  My hands are bloody from pricking myself every time that the darned electronic demon buzzed.   Also, I've not really touched the machine since 2006.  Not for anything MAJOR.  I sewed a lining for a crocheted bag for a preteen back in September, but that wasn't anything major.  All I did was sew down two sides and then I had hand-stitched it to the crocheted bag.

This piece, I'd tried to make a wallet thing.   I KNOW what I did wrong.  Really, I do.
1. I didn't put right-sides together.   That's really the main thing, honestly.  That's where it all went wrong.
2. And the inner part is a stretch denim and the outer is a silky fabric.   (these should be switched.)

I have a ton of fabric and certain things that I want to do for them, but I'm going to have to exchange crocheted work to get someone else to sew them for me.  I give up.  Unless I can get someone to reteach me how to sew.  The "What to do"......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice--"If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."